SHARE! Documentary Video Team
In 2016, SHARE! will be creating a documentary video that shows some of the highlights in an exchange year. But we can't do it alone! Beginning now, we are seeking videos from YOU - our SHARE! host families, exchange students, Exchange Program Coordinators & school personnel (teachers, counselors, principals, etc). You can make the video on a video camera, your phone, iPad, webcam or whatever!
In early January, we'll upload the videos and have the SHARE! community vote to decide the winner of our $250 prize!
For our first round of submissions, we would like videos on the below topics. Choose one, then create a 2-3 minute video on that topic:
- How are you sharing your family's holiday traditions with your SHARE! Exchange Student(s), such as food, decorating, volunteering and/or religious activities?
- If you travel over the holidays with your SHARE! Exchange Student, send us a video of a fun part of your trip!
- Lip Sync challenge! Record a video of your family lip syncing to your favorite holiday song. Be sure the sound quality is good. (Hint: You might want to use an app like musical.ly or Acapella)
- After Thanksgiving, tell us your thoughts on this American holiday and its meaning.
- How are you sharing your country's holiday traditions with your host family?
- Acting challenge! How would you act if you got a really terrible gift from someone, but didn't want to hurt their feelings? (Be sure to start the video by telling us what you're acting out.)
- Lip Sync challenge! Record a video of you lip syncing to your favorite holiday song. Be sure the sound quality is good. (Hint: You might want to use an app like musical.ly or Acapella)
- What is your favorite memory so far from having SHARE! Exchange Students at your school?
- Interview time: Have one of your school's SHARE! Exchange Students come and ask you 3 "getting to know you" questions. Then, you ask the student 3 questions of your own!
Exchange Program Coordinators
- What is your favorite memory so far with your SHARE! Exchange Students?
- Plan a holiday activity with your SHARE! Exchange Students and send us a 1-2 minute clip!
- Videos are due Dec. 31, 2015 by midnight EST.
- They should be 1-2 minutes in length.
- Please, no foul or offensive language, inappropriate dress or behavior.
- Videos must have good audio & video quality (doesn't have to be professional, but we must be able to see/hear everything)
- Videos must be in one of the following formats: .mov / .wmv / .mp4
Videos must include the following to be eligible:
- You must mention SHARE! at least once;
- An introduction of everyone in the video by first name, and their role in SHARE! (for example, host sister, coordinator);
Where you live (city and state).
For example, you might start the video by saying, "I'm Bob and this is Sue, and we're a SHARE! host family living in Seattle, Washington."