SHARE! Handbook Contests
All arriving exchange students receive the SHARE! Student Handbook in their welcome packet. The handbook contains valuable information that helps students understand the many different aspects of their American exchange experience.
Each year, SHARE! holds 2 contests for all students, where we get your help in creating our Student Handbook for next year! You may enter into one or both contests. Please read the contest rules carefully, fill out the entry form (one for each contest), and mail to the SHARE! National Office.
- The winner of each contest will receive a $100.00 cash prize and a SHARE! Sweatshirt.
- Two runners-up will receive a $50.00 cash prize and an ERDT/SHARE! baseball cap.
- We must have your entries postmarked by the last day of February.
- The winners and runner-ups will be notified in March.
- All artwork becomes the property of ERDT upon receipt, and will not be returned.
- Any artwork that does not fit the format or contains inappropriate images, words, or language will be disqualified.
- You will be notified by phone or email once your artwork has been received.
- The winning cover art will be printed on the cover page of next year’s ERDT/SHARE! Student Handbook and published in our ERDT/SHARE! Newsletter that is sent to all current host families, students, and ERDT/SHARE! representatives.
- The artwork must be created by you, the exchange student, without help from your host family, friends, or teachers.
- We welcome a variety of media including: pen & ink, paint, drawing, photography, words, and/or collage. (What is collage? Collage is materials including pieces of paper, found objects, photography, and graphic images that are put together to create a larger image.)
- The two-dimensional handbook cover artwork must be 8-1/2 x 11. Your artwork may not be thicker than 1/8 inch.
- Write your full name and host family name on the back of your artwork.
- The winner of the essay contest will have her or his essay on the first page of the next year's handbook.
- Topic: "My First Week in America." We want to know your thoughts, feelings, and experiences of your first week in America. Did anything surprise you? Tell us and maybe you will win the prize and have your essay printed in the next Student Handbook!
- The essay may be a maximum of 1,500 words.
- The essay must be written completely by you, the exchange student, without help from host family, friends or teachers.
- Your full name and host family address should be written on each page.
- Keep a copy of your essay.
How To Submit
- Fill out the entry form and send it in with your submission.
- You may mail your submission to:
SHARE! High School Exchange Program
2601 Ocean Park Blvd., Suite 322
Santa Monica, CA 90405
- Or you may email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "ERDT/SHARE! Student Cover Contest" or "ERDT/SHARE! Student Essay Contest"